We offer a full range of immunisations:
- Childhood – as detailed in the Well Child/Tamariki Ora health book – these are free
- Adult influenza (free to 65+ and certain medical conditions)
- Influenza vaccines to healthy adults and children
- Adult Diptheria/tetanus
- Occupational – some people are exposed to higher risk through their work (eg. Hepatitis A and B)
- Vaccinations according to Public Health initiatives
- Other non-funded vaccinations such as the shingles vaccine (Zostavax) and Boostrix (whooping cough, diptheria and tetanus). Please speak to your doctor about these vaccines.
Immunisations play a large part of the nursing role at the Otaki Medical Centre. We provide a comprehensive vaccination service available Monday to Friday by all of our nursing staff who are fully trained vaccinators. For scheduled immunisations and information see:
As part of our service we also offer local businesses vaccination of staff at their workplace. If you require workplace vaccinations please contact the medical centre.
Sorry we do not offer Travel Vaccines.